What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text file that can be saved by a Web Server in a computer’s browser to store some type of information about the user. The cookie uniquely identifies the computer, and can only be read by the same website that sent it to the computer.
A cookie is not an executable file or a program and therefore cannot spread or contain a virus or other malicious software, nor can it be longer than 4,000 characters.
What are cookies useful for?
By registering your preferences we would not need to ask about your country every time you visit our website. We will also know the features of the Operating System and the browser of the device that is being used so that we can offer you a better browsing experience.
Cookies can help our website to classify the user’s browser as a previous visitor and in this way save and remember the preferences that might have been established while the user was browsing the site, personalize the home pages, identify which sectors of a site have been visited or keep a record of selections in a “shopping cart” among others.
Types of cookies
Cookies can be classified according to the entity that manages them, the time they remain active or according to their purpose. In some occasions, we could check that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
According to the ownership:
- Own cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or a domain managed by Adecuación de Alternativas S.L .
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the temporality
Session cookies: These collect data while the user is browsing the website.
Persistent cookies: In these, the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the responsible agent of the cookie, which could span from a few minutes to several years.
According to its purpose
- Technical cookies: These are used internally and are necessary for the operation of the web.
- Analytical cookies: These allow the gathering of statistical information concerning the user activity. This information is collected anonymously and allows us to optimize our website navigation in order to guarantee a better service to the user.
- Personalization cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the locale from where you access the service, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or how often ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the users’ behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which ultimately allows the development of a specific profile in order to display advertising based on it.
Purposes of cookies.
Below there is a list of the cookies that you could find on our website and a brief description of their purpose. We assure you that none of them will retain personally identifiable information about you. Some cookies personalize your visit, others remember your preferences, while others only provide us with visitor statistics.
|__utma||Unique visitor identification: Used to record unique visitors for statistical and analytical purposes.||2 years||Google
|__utmb||Determination of the visitor’s session: Google Analytics uses two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies is missing, another activity starts the beginning of a new session.||30 minutes||Google
|__utmc||Determination of the visitor’s session: Google Analytics uses two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies is missing, another activity starts the beginning of a new session.||Session||Google
|__utmz||Recording of traffic and navigation sources: Used to record how you came to our website (from a Google search, a warning, etc.) and the paths you follow while browsing our site. We use this information to improve the user experience in future updates.||6 months||Google
In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies in servers located in the United States and is commited to not sharing them with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires them to do so. If you want to prevent Google Analytics from collecting security statistics, visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The user can configure his browser to accept or refuse the cookies it receives, and also for the browser to notify him when a server wants to save a cookie or delete it from his computer. In case of accepting third-party cookies and wanting to withdraw the consent, the user can find the instructions in the security settings in your Web browser.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on the menu option Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Settings.
- If you use Firefox, click onthe menu option Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies.
- If you use Google Chrome, click on the menu option Settings> Privacy.
- If you use Safari, click on the menu option Preferences> Security.
- If you use Opera,.> Settings> Delete personal information.
- If you use a native browser on your mobile terminal, Settings> Clear data or Privacy and Security *
* It may differ depending on the version model of the operating system.
You can use the “Help” section that you will find in the toolbar of most browsers to change the settings of your computer, however, some of the features of our online services may not work or may be more difficult to access in case you reject all cookies.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode in which cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on each browser, this private mode can have different names. You can find a list below of the most common browsers and the different names of this “private mode”:
– Internet Explorer 8 and superior: InPrivate
– FireFox 3.5 and superior: Private Browsing
– Google Chrome 10 and superior: Incognito
– Safari 2 and superior: Private Browsing
– Opera 10.5 and superior: Private Browsing
– Browser: Incognito tab
Please read carefully the help section of your browser in order to learn more about how to activate the “private mode”. You can continue visiting our website, even if your browser is in “private mode”, however, the user experience may not be optimal and some utilities may not work.
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through the following tools
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Adecuación de Alternativas S.L. thanks you for activating the acceptance of cookies, this helps us to obtain more precise data that allows us to improve the content and design of our website so we can adapt it to your preferences.
Do we update our Cookies Policy?